About our Head of Rugby (HTC)
The Head of Rugby/head of the Rugby Technical Committee (HTC) of the Haagsche Rugby Club (HRC) is a member of the board. Within the club, the HTC is responsible for our senior and youth rugby programs and the coordination of all activities that promote fun on the field, performance and results. The starting point and guiding principle is “one strong HRC ethos,” as described in our strategic plan.
The HTC ensures that HRC performs at the highest level in all age groups and that our position as a leading and respected club within Dutch rugby and within the local community is maintained and further strengthened. The HTC has an eye for the positive development of all our players and identifies and supports those with potential. HRC aims to be a fully inclusive club and so it is imperative that the HTC ensures we provide a safe sporting environment at HRC where players of all levels, ages and genders can enjoy playing rugby.
Our HTC brings a truckload of knowledge and proven experience in rugby development, coaching, people management, game strategy and training programs. The HTC has a “hands on approach”; in addition to its position and duties as a board member, the HTC maintains active and intensive contact with the staff and players to ensure continuous adaptation to club needs.
Structure within HRC:
The Rugby Technical Committee and HTC are incorporated into the structure within HRC as follows:
- the HTC will be a member of the board of HRC on behalf of the Rugby Technical Committee;
- the HTC will chair the Rugby Technical Committee;
- members of the Rugby Technical Committee are the head trainers/coaches of the men’s selection, ladies, DJO/LJO representative, CJC and GTBM;
- the HTC is the first point of contact for all members of the Rugby Technical Committee, other paid coaches and/or people employed by the council;
- also of the supporting committees (referees, medical, equipment) report to the HTC.
Duties and Responsibilities of the HTC:
In collaboration with and with the support of the Rugby Committee and staff and in coordination with the rest of the board, the HTC is responsible for all rugby-related policy and the development of players and coaches within HRC.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- chairing the Rugby Technical Committee;
- to bring rugby-related issues, recommendations and improvements/initiatives for implementation to the board;
- coordination the implementation of the club’s “agreed philosophy of play” within all age groups/teams;
- encouraging and supporting the recreational/inclusive component of HRC’s “Rugby for All” vision;
- creating, propagating and embedding – in consultation with team coaches, players and supporting volunteers – our club standards;
- scouting talented players within HRC and beyond and setting up and monitoring an appropriate talent pathway at HRC to bind these players to the club;
- to ensure continuous player development, a transparent selection process and communication (amongst others honest feedback) with players;
- coordinating and supporting the medical committee to assure S&C, injury prevention, evaluation and recovery processes are monitored;
- keeping in touch with HRC’s Culture & Welfare Officer on player protection and welfare;
- overseeing the recruitment and ongoing development of coaches within the club and thus ensuring that sufficient qualified coaches are available for all teams;
- coordination and supervision of the referee program;
- coordinating and supporting the equipment committee a.o. regarding rugby supplies such as playing facilities, kit and training equipment etc.
- you have good organizational skills and manage to deliver as promised;
- you are cooperative and have strong communication skills and the ability to get along with both to players, coaching staff and (fellow-)board menmers;
- You are and keep abreast of the latest rugby trends/ideas/regulations and concepts;
- you strive to innovative and to bring positive improvements to rugby at HRC;
- you hold a National/World Rugby Level 2 Coaching qualification (Level 3 is preferred) and have a minimum of 5 years coaching experience with both youth and seniors;
- you are a networker and able to maintain (an expand) the HRC network and maintain our close relationship with HRC players, coaching staff other clubs, Academies and Rugby Nederland;
- you will be a ‘brand ambassador’ for HRC and promote the club and its values within the rugby community and beyond.
Cabidates are cordially invited to send their application (including a motivational letter and (rugby) C.V.) by e-mail to the Chairman of The Hague Rugby Club: Sebastiaan ten Hagen (firstname.lastname@example.org). We hope to start discussions with a number of selected candidates within short.